Thursday, February 3, 2011

How can I start Locs or Dreadlocks….

 SDC12088b_edited-1There plenty of ways to start your locs or dreads. If your hair is already in its natural kinky state then are some methods to start locs or dreads:

  • Comb Coils-This method is great if you have hair that is really short. However, any length of coil hair can be comb coiled.
  • Two Strand Twists -This method will work on coily, curly and wavy hair types and hair that is at least two inches long.
  • Single Braids- This method works on all hair types but is especially good for those who have hair that will not coil or have various types of hair on your head.
  • Loc Extensions- This method is great for anyone from a 1”in to fully matured locs. locs that need to be repaired or adding a locs back.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have medium length, tightly coiled hair but it has a variety of textures to it, which has given me trouble with locking in the past. I'm thinking of using the two-strand method so I won't have that weird in-between phase this time around. How can I encourage my hair to fully lock with this style?

    ReplyDelete